Lots of blog entries and articles on virtual law recently. Here are a few links and excerpts.
- Advocate’s Studio, in a post called Pretty Soon We Won’t Need People: “People are connecting on-line in a variety of ways. According to the Legal Technology section of the ABA Journal, legal dinosaurs are going to have to adjust to the virtual practice of law in this Brave New World that is increasingly relying on blogs, social networks and virtual communities.”
- The Cleveland-Marshall Law Librarian’s Blog, in a post called C-M Law Librarians Explore Virtual World: “As part of a summer seminar on Law Librarians in Virtual Worlds sponsored by the American Association of Law Libraries, Sue and I have been exploring the educational uses of Second Life, the 3D online virtual world. Besides having fun dressing up our avatars, flying from island to island, shopping for freebies, and rezing objects in our virtual office space, we’ve completed a project on the new international Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.”
- Computing, in an article called Very Real Legal Issues Exist in a Virtual World: “While virtual worlds could face more wide-reaching regulation in the not-too-distant future, there will still be jurisdictional complexities to resolve issues that face those tackling cyber crime today and that have yet to be fully addressed.”
Related Posts on Virtually Blind
- Reader Roundtable: What Do You Wear to a Virtual Business Meeting?: "Second Life Insider has a short piece up this morning on business..." (5 comments)
- SLBA Holds First Organizational Meeting: "The Second Life Bar Association (SLBA) held its first large-scale..." (0 comments)
- Metaverse Constitution Project Launches: "A new blog/wiki/project called "A Constitution for the Metaverse"..." (9 comments)
Leave a Reply
Notes on Comments: Your first comment must be manually approved, but after it is you'll be able to post freely with the same name and email. You can use some HTML (<a> <b> <i> <blockquote> etc.) but know that VB's spam blocker holds posts with five or more <a> links. VB supports gravatars. Got a gravatar? Use the associated email and it'll show with your comment. Need one? Set it up for free here.