I’m working on a new (non-law-related) book, and I am looking for real stories from virtual worlds.
If you’d like to talk about your virtual world experiences, potentially for publication, shoot me a note, and I’ll set up a time to talk to you. I’m happy to discuss the details of the project once we are in communication.
You’ll be asked to sign an interview release using your real name, but I will identify you in the book only by the name of your avatar, or (depending on the circumstances) using an avatar pseudonym.
I anticipate a lot of stories coming from Second Life, but I am interested in talking to people from across the whole spectrum of social virtual worlds. I’d particularly like to talk to you if you participate in vSide, Kaneva, There.com (or the There.com MTV-based worlds), Active Worlds, EA World, Red Light Center, and any of the current beta offerings (Twinty, HiPiHi, etc.). Basically any non-game-based virtual world. Also, if you’ve got kids, I’d love to talk to you about their experiences with Club Penguin, Webkinz, Barbie World, and various the other virtual worlds for kids.
I’m learning a lot doing this, so if you are interested in telling me your story, I am interested in hearing it. That said, I’d particularly like to talk to:
- Couples and Dating Singles
- Long-Time Virtual World Residents
- New Virtual World Residents
- Subculture Participants
- Fan-Build Participants
- Teachers and Professors
- Artists and Musicians
- Adult Entertainers
- Small Businesses Owners
- People Running Governance Projects
- Object Programmers
- Fashion Designers
- Event Planners
Depending on the number of responses I get, it may take me a little while to respond, but I promise that I will write back if you send me an email.
Please also feel free to forward a link to this post to anyone who might be interested in talking to me about their experiences, or anyone who you think has a compelling story that should be told.
Related Posts on Virtually Blind
- Benjamin Duranske to Moderate ABA June 24 CLE Teleconference “Why Virtual Worlds Matter for Lawyers” in Second Life: "I am happy to announce that next month I am moderating a..." (2 comments)
- Reminder: ABA Teleconference “Why Virtual Worlds Matter for Lawyers” June 24, 10 AM Pacific: " This is a repost to remind readers that tomorrow, June 24, from 10..." (5 comments)
- Ginko Financial Series – Full Coverage: "VB's coverage of Ginko continues to attract a lot of attention...." (0 comments)
4 Responses to “Off-Topic: What’s Your Virtual World Story?”
Leave a Reply
Notes on Comments: Your first comment must be manually approved, but after it is you'll be able to post freely with the same name and email. You can use some HTML (<a> <b> <i> <blockquote> etc.) but know that VB's spam blocker holds posts with five or more <a> links. VB supports gravatars. Got a gravatar? Use the associated email and it'll show with your comment. Need one? Set it up for free here.